Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Friday Photo: January 2010

Friday Photo; 30th Jan.

Cloud Blanket over Mount Tongariro and Ngauruhoe

SONY DSC

This Friday my photo is one of my images from my trip to New Zealand. Over the last few days I have been working on converting some of my ARW [or RAW files] into black and white. To do this I have been using a dual raw conversion. A conversion is done for the shadow areas then another for the highlights. The two images are merged and through selective deletion the correct densities are chosen.

SONY DSC As you can see by the above image the clouds highlights are blown out and the shadows dull and flat. With the dual conversion i can obtain the correct exposure for each area then merge and delete the part i don’t want. a small adjustment using levels to fine tune each section is done before the final image is merged together.

Friday Photo; 22nd Jan

My photo for this week is one I took of my granddaughter at a school fete. I had just bought her a bundle of fairy floss and her first bite resulted in a very cute fairy floss beard.

Rachel and her Fairy Floss beard

SONY DSC

No comments: