Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Visual Diary Scrapbooked

I have decided to create a proper scrapbook of my ideas which I have been using for the Friendship books. The first page is about me, the things I do and question about the things I like, or, the 'who am I'. I've given myself 'wings' because I have to 'fly' among the activities I get myself embroiled in. The photo of me is one Jean-Pierre ,my partner, took of me at Victor Harbor in South Australia.
The next two pages are a double spread. I have created small fold out pieces with a photo on each fold out. These eight fold outs are the most important things in my life, family, friends, quilting, scrapbooking, photography, cooking, writing, and belly dancing.

On the inside of each fold out is a written piece briefly describing why each activity is important. I intend this scrapbook to be a visual diary exploring the things which make me tick, my thoughts, the places I enjoy , stuff I do with friends and family and the general humdrum day to day stuff we all know is boring to everyone else but important to ourselves and our famliy history.

No comments: